At some point in your life, someone probably told you not to use tobacco. Maybe it was your parents, your teacher, or a friend.
We’re not here to tell you what to do.
“The Real Cost” gives you what you need to know – real facts, so you can make your own decision.
“The Real Cost” is brought to you by FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products. To learn about our mission to protect the nation’s health, please visit: www.fda.gov/tobacco.
Please contact TheRealCost@fda.hhs.gov if you have any questions about “The Real Cost” campaign.
If you want to quit smoking cigarettes, using dip, or vaping, you can get free help without giving anyone your personal information.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Chat with a counselor https://livehelp.cancer.gov/
- If you want to get tips on quitting cigarettes visit https://teen.smokefree.gov/become-smokefree
- If you want to get tips on quitting vape visit https://teen.smokefree.gov/quit-vaping
- If you want to get tips on quitting dip or chew visit https://smokefree.gov/quitting-dip
If you or someone you know is experiencing thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please seek immediate help. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach the free, 24-hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or dial 911. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, runs the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. (Para obtener asistencia en español durante las 24 horas, llame al 1-888-628-9454.)