Giving you the most accurate, up-to-date information about the harmful effects of tobacco use, so you know the real cost of smoking, vaping, and other tobacco use.
For more information, visit: www.fda.gov/tobacco
Please contact TheRealCost@fda.hhs.gov if you have any questions about “The Real Cost” campaign.
If you want to quit smoking cigarettes, using dip, or vaping, you can get free help without giving anyone your personal information.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Chat with a counselor https://livehelp.cancer.gov/
- If you want to get tips on quitting cigarettes, visit https://teen.smokefree.gov/become-smokefree
- If you want to get tips on quitting vape, visit https://teen.smokefree.gov/quit-vaping
- If you want to get tips on quitting dip or chew, visit https://smokefree.gov/quitting-dip
If you or someone you know is experiencing thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please seek immediate help. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach the free, 24-hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or dial 911. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, runs the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. (Para obtener asistencia en español durante las 24 horas, llame al 1-888-628-9454.)